Mar 13, 2024

Charlie's Review- New Grundens Vector Wader

I recently spent a few days steelhead fishing the coast and taking the new Grundens waders for a test drive.  I've been wearing a pair of their Boundary Zip waders since they launched and have had excellent luck with them as far as comfort and durability are concerned.  Needless to say, I was excited to see what the new offerings brought to the table!

The Vector


This trip began with a cold start.  The snow level was very low in the Coastal Range and it was hovering around freezing.  I was layered up pretty heavily for the first half of the day.  I wear a standard large in most waders and the Vectors were easily able to accommodate all the extra clothing without getting too tight.  The fit was spot-on. The generous chest pocket had plenty of room for gloves and all the other items I wanted to have at hand.    

The first very noticeable feature of these waders was the fabric.  It's soft and extremely comfortable.  The articulation and freedom of movement was excellent.  This was a drift boat trip and I was in and out of the boat several times throughout the day.  I had no problem getting back in the boat in deeper spots, even with all the layers. Beyond the function of motion with the Vectors, the color was ideal for soaking up some sun in the cold.  I was happy for that!


A key feature of the Vectors that significantly added to their comfort level was the design of the shoulder straps.  The triangular piece of fabric on the back stretches and moved when I moved.  This configuration also eliminates the annoying twisting of the straps when you're suiting up. A huge plus!

I think the Vectors are going to be a home run for Grundens and quickly become a favorite among avid anglers.  They are very well-designed and at an extremely competitive price.  




https://www.gorgeflyshop.com/store/pc/Sale-Closeouts-c38.htm

"The Gorge"

Gorge Fly Shop Team - 541.386.6977


"Fly Fish the World with Us"

No comments :

Post a Comment

  © 'and' Steelhead.com Mike Prine 2009-2014

Back to TOP