Dec 16, 2019

GFS PRODUCT REVIEW | DR. Slick Crossfire Series Clamps



GORGE FLY SHOP PRODUCT REVIEW | DR.SLICK Crossfire Series of Clamps
by John Garrett

My favorite tool all time, one that I use absolutely everyday that I am out on the water, is the old version of the scissor clamps.  They are a versatile multi tool that I would use to pinch barbs down, release fish with and with the scissors, cut tag ends and such.  I even used the needle point to remove glue from the eyes of a few flies that I was over zealous with when gluing the heads and plugged the eye up.  Oh, yeah I also can't forget the time I had to do a stream side reel repair and was able to use the built in screwdriver to help make the repair.  A must have tool!  Now enters the DR.SLICK Crossfire Scissor Clamps - an upgraded, even better pair with much better grip!

I have to say that over the years I have lost more than a few pair of the older version clamps to the river because they'd slipped from my grip while trying to release a fish or I just absolutely fumbled them with my clumsy self.  But with the new addition of the textured rubber handles on the Crossfire series clamps (photos above) hopefully that won't happen again.  I'll be like Odell Beckham Jr with his sticky rubber gloves on, catching touchdown passes with one hand.  The Crossfire Scissor Clamps (photo top far right) will now be my go to clamps.  The tapered jaws combine to create a unique blend of form, function and comfort.  They also feature a straight jaw structure with scissors and orange Hi-Vis textured rubber handles that will help you keep a grip!

If you're looking for a basic clamp then the Crossfire Standard Clamps (photo above far left) would be an excellent choice. The standard clamp features a Straight Jaw Structure with Orange Textured Rubber Handles and a locking feature.

If you're a mitten clamp fan, then consider the Crossfire Mitten Scissor Clamps (photo above center).  They feature all the things the Crossfire Scissor clamp does with an additional lanyard since you don't have the openings for your fingers to go through, the lanyard helps keep a grip.

If you are in need of a new set of clamps/forceps, then consider the new DR.SLICK Crossfire Series Clamps.  Time tested, and with a pleasant upgrade and better grip.  We have them here at the Gorge Fly Shop.  You can order on-line or we would be happy to help you place your order over the phone, just give us a call at 541-386-6977.

Gorge Fly Shop
John G.

See all Dr. Slick Crossfire Clamps at "The Gorge"

https://www.gorgeflyshop.com/store/pc/Sale-Closeouts-c38.htm

"The Gorge"

Gorge Fly Shop Team - 541.386.6977


"Fly Fish the World with Us" 

No comments :

Post a Comment

  © 'and' Steelhead.com Mike Prine 2009-2014

Back to TOP