Nov 24, 2023

John's Wish List and Gift Ideas


Items listed below are definitely on my Christmas “Wish-List'' and for good reason. I don’t have them yet! Each item is high quality to ensure years of service to your fly fishing addiction. 

STOCKING STUFFERS

Light yet durable to last for years.

Fishpond has one of the best retractors, I believe on the market. Made of durable 60/60 Aerospace aluminum with a 33” cord, and the cord is 130 pound test braided nylon this little jewel has some reach and will give you years of use. Also sports a “Carabiner” type clip to keep it secure.  

MILDLY PRICED

Everything at your ready without being in the way!

If you are like me, when I’m fishing, I need a system to hold everything I may need for the day, BUT, the last thing I need is for that system/pack to be in my way. The Fishpond Switchback Pro Wading System solves both issues. A few things I like about this system: #1. It’s beautifully designed to carry what you need and with quick access, yet #2. The ability to slide the pack back and forth keeps everything out of the way until you need it. #3 It holds my net lower on my back and out of the way, unlike some of my other older packs where the net is held higher near my shoulders and often would snag on branches and brush and being 6’5” this was an annoying issue that the Switchback Pro System solved. 

TOP OF THE LINE PRICED 

Winston Air2 Max rod is a thing of beauty!

Without a doubt, the new Winston Air2 Max rod, which replaced the Alpha+ and Air2 Salt rods. Condensing and creating an easy casting rod that will shine in saltwater and freshwater situations that you find yourself in. If you require a rod that has feel with reserved power, this is your rod. Winston has done a great job, hitting a home run, with the new Air2 Max”! I don’t own this rod, yet, but I will. I’ve not had the pleasure of fishing this rod yet, but was deeply impressed with it casting on our casting platform. So much so, that when the time comes for me to need this rod, I will buy it! Unless of course Santa brings me one! I could only wish...

Cerecoil Stripping guides and Recoil Snake guides. Compared to normal stripping and snake guides these help eliminate bent guides.



https://www.gorgeflyshop.com/store/pc/Sale-Closeouts-c38.htm

"The Gorge"

Gorge Fly Shop Team - 541.386.6977


"Fly Fish the World with Us"

No comments :

Post a Comment

  © 'and' Steelhead.com Mike Prine 2009-2014

Back to TOP