Apr 27, 2019

Korker's Mack's Canyon Wading Bag Goes the Distance.

PRODUCT REVIEW
PRODUCT: KORKERS MACK'S CANYON WADING BAG
by: John Garrett | Gorge Fly Shop.

The Korkers Mack's Canyon Wading/Gear bag was huge blessing for me recently on a trip across the country.  Recently my wife qualified and was accepted to run the 123rd Boston Marathon just a few weeks ago, so we were excited to say the least and we decided and planned a short vacation while there.  Both her and I love history and what better place to explore a ton of our amazing countries heritage and history.  That being said, I needed a bag that not only would hold my big shoes (I wear size 13.5) but also enough clothing and personal items to last for a 10 day trip.

The Mack's Canyon Wading Bag was perfect for the job.  As you can see (sort of) in the photo below where I have the bottom section of the bag open to show you a pair of my wife's running shoes, but what you don't see so well is the other four pairs of shoes in there that are under my Simms rain jacket. Although this bag was originally designed to carry your wading boots a waders with a ventilated area that allows air flow to help dry out the boots and waders, it worked great as luggage for me on this trip.  As you can see in the second photo below where I had my clothing packed it also had ample room for everything I needed for a comfortable trip to Boston.  I had to carry a number of clothing options because we experienced rain and cold, sunny and warm conditions, so we had to be ready for whatever would come.


Bottom section of the Mack's Canyon Bag - Perfect for shoes or wet wading boots/gear.  When storing items the main compartment contains hydrophobic diaphram which separates the ventilated "wet storage" area intended for waders and boots. 


Top portion of the bag had plenty of room for sweaters, jackets, and all the other essential clothing items.  It also has plenty of side storage pockets for anything you may want to put in there.  This bag offers 4500 cubic square inches of storage space.  If you can't fit it in this bag...you don't need it! (as far as clothing and shoes and such goes.  I even had extra room for souvenirs, including my new "flat cap" also pictured below.

As you can see in this stock photo from Korker's, there is tons of room in there for all of your wading gear and then some.  Best thing is that my bag totally filled only weighed in at about 44 pounds, so when I checked my bag for the flights I was not charged additional fees for being overweight.

Another thing I loved about the Mack's Canyon bag is the back pack straps!  This was great because trying to carry this bag totally full was a bit awkward to do with one hand but it was a cinch when wearing it as a back pack.  Since the bag does not have rollers, the backpack straps were the next best thing.


One last thought, the bag is made of high quality Cordura for years of use and I highly recommend the Mack's Canyon bag for anyone who needs a quality, durable and functional wader/gear bag.  We have these in stock at the Gorge Fly Shop.
John

No comments :

Post a Comment

  © 'and' Steelhead.com Mike Prine 2009-2014

Back to TOP