Sep 4, 2014

Simms Women's Fall Run Jacket Review

"QUILTED WARMTH THAT WON’T QUIT"



WOMEN'S FALL RUN JACKET
Hi it’s Lyndsey, the guys noticed that my order I placed with Simms for the new Women’s Fall Run Jacket arrived and thought who better to review it then me. I could not argue so here it goes. If you know me, you would know that I am not a huge fan of jackets. I don’t like big heavy jackets that feel bulky and in the way. But, I do live in Oregon so a jacket is a must have for my wardrobe.

Black
Working in the store now for over 5 years I have seen many men’s pieces of clothing and wish that they did a women’s version. So boy was I excited when Eric Neufeld (our beloved Simms Sales Rep) showed me this jacket. I’m pretty short only 4’10”….okay well I am really, really, short so most men’s clothing do not fit properly and a Women’s cut is necessary when it comes to specialty pieces.

Once I put the jacket on it was an instant love. It is so very light weight and comfy, that it does not feel like a jacket. This jacket is made with “PrimaLoft® Gold insulation maintains 96% of its warmth when wet, and provides the highest warmth to weight ratio of any synthetic insulation available”. That is the technical part…..

There are other options in “puffy jackets” but I can assure you that the outer fabric of this jacket is the softest and lightest I have ever put on.

Lyndsey Sporting
While on a recent camping/fishing trip I lived in this jacket. I wore it over my shirt during the day and it was the perfect layer of warmth without being too heavy. I also paired it with the new Simms Women’s Guide jacket on an early morning fishing trip in the boat. Just the added warmth of the Fall run jacket kept me warm and toasty without getting to hot once the sun emerged from behind the clouds. (Review of the Simms Women’s Guide Jacket will follow soon) With the feminine angler specific cut which is paired with not only cute but stylish color options this will make a great addition to your closet. The pockets even have a hand warmer pocket so your hands will have an oven like spot to warm up on those very cold days.

This jacket is ready for wherever and everywhere you will go.
Trust me….I will be wearing it daily now that fall is knocking on our door.



FABRIC TECH: Lightweight, DWR treated, 20d nylon micro-ripstop face fabric with PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation - 60g (Body), 40g (Sleeves)

APPROX. WEIGHT: 10.5 oz/300g

SIZES: S-XL


Lyndsey Duddles - "Deskmaster"
Gorge Fly Shop


"Fly Fish the World with Us"



1 comment :

  1. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.Women Jacket Types

    ReplyDelete

  © 'and' Steelhead.com Mike Prine 2009-2014

Back to TOP