Jul 18, 2009

Crane Prairie's Trophy Rainbows

I have been fishing Crane Prairie just outside of Bend, Oregon a lot this past month. Fishing has been good, seeing some big fish (over 5 pounds), but what is really nice to see is the big population of 10 to 18 inch fish. This means fishing is only going to get better over the next few years as these fish grow. Don’t get me wrong we are catch lots of large fish, but these small fish are very eager to eat a fly. This tends to be a trend over the last five years. It seems like every year we are seeing more big fish and more small fish. Crane is really on a rebound!
I will keep you updated with fishing as I make several more trips down to this wonderful lake with my family over the summer.

Stay up to date: Free Newsletter Sign Up

  © 'and' Steelhead.com Mike Prine 2009-2014

Back to TOP